Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ishare Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 01:56 PM
    4 wire 100amp service box but only 3 wires?
    I replaced my water heater with a tankless water heater. My service box is set up for hot, hot, neutral, and appliance ground for 220 watt hook up. But the water heater only has 3 wires, hot hot, and "Bare wire" ground. I currently have the water heater connected as, hot, hot, to breaker, and the bare ground wire to appliance ground. Is this correct? As I have been experiencing ground fault type shocks through out the house ever since I installed the water heater. How can I correct this and eliminate the shocks from touching other appliances in the house. Breaker box is in the house,(Trailer), has separate ground wire to the ground, then Hot, Hot, and Neutral to outside pole w/ 100 amp service disconnect box w/ 100amp fuses.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Repost on electrical site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrading from 100amp service to 200 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 model double wide home, and would like to change my 100 amp service to 200 amp service. ( I want to go to electric heat) I have a disconnect at the house after the meter and it say 200amp. Is the wiring from there to my breaker box able to handle 200 amp service, and if not how do I...

Connecting 14 gauge wire and 12 gauge wires in the same blue box. [ 2 Answers ]

I am wiring my basement. All the outlets are running off 2 independent 20 amp circuit breakers connected to each other by 12/2 wire. I wanted to run some stubs off my 12/2 outlets. All each stub would do is run to a small light (max 180 watts) and of course a light switch. Since I ran out...

100Amp disconnect panel before 100Amp main pannel [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to relocate my main 100Amp panel to the inside wall of my garage. Code saids the main panel must be on an outside wall. What I was thinking of doing Is install a New Main panel on the inside wall of the garage and put a 100Amp disconnect at the old panel location. I am aware of...

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

View more questions Search