Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skavang130 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Hampton Bay fan with LED light
    I recently purchased a "Hampton Bay 52 In. Edgemont" fan (model nbr YG177-CLP) and after installation, found to my dismay that the LED light kit it comes with is dismally dim. I wish I had done more research beforehand, because this isn't a technical problem, the lights themselves are just normally dim. When I called the company they said it was normal, and they said there are not any brighter light kitsfrom them that could be interchanged with it. I know normal ceiling fans the light fixture can just be swaped out, but I don't know if the LED's make that impsossible. Can anyone help?
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Sorry buddy led is led and there is no chance of making the brighter you have to live with it or exchange your fan
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Razor is correct. You're stuck, unless you exchange the fan.

LED technology isn't great yet.
    aepietriyk123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by razor96 View Post
    sorry buddy led is led and there is no chance of making the brighter you have to live with it or exchange your fan
    Not necessarily... I was having the same issue with this ceiling fan. The light can easily be configured to use regular bulbs of CFL bulbs. Here is a link to how to do it.

ButtryNet

Basically it consists of:

1) Turn power of to the circuit at your breaker box to avoid killig yourself.
    2) Remove the entire lighting assembly from the fan
    3) Locate and remove the AC/DC converter (it's a little black box)
    4) Hard wire 2 or 3 (I used 3) pre-wired chandelier sockets (in parallel) to the wires that previously powered the AC/DC converter.
    5) Insert bulbs into sockets.
    6) Tuck bulb/socket combinations into the glass globe.
    7) Reattach the glob to the lamp.
    8) Let there be light!
    chillinbrown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Place fan on high but it turns slowly
    chillinbrown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 03:18 PM
    When I turn my ceiling fan on and place it on fast the fan continues to turn slow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Fan/Light: Light flashes intermittently [ 1 Answers ]

Installed fan 3-4 months ago and have had no trouble until past week when light on fan started flashing intermittently. Fan has remote and is wired directly to power source -- no switch. Checked all connections, but cannot figure out why light is flashing. Any help is much appreciated!

View more questions Search