Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pachu126 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 01:07 AM
    Losing power (diesel)
    I drive a chevy silverado duramax
    Ill be driving normal speed in the city or the freeway when for some reason I loose power
    Where my rpm cannot go over 2 ,I'm usually stuck on the freeway at 60 to 65.
    Now if I stop and turn the truck off then ill be good for a while (5 m to an hour sometimes).
    I also have a chip connected to my truck ,at first I thoght that was the problem so I set it at 0 (which it means is desconnected)but the problem still there.
    The problem started like 6 to 8 months ago ,it use to happen once in a while but now is happening every day all the time.

I really apreciate any help
    Thanks
    Magnum7100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Have you tried changing the fuel filters? If the filter is starting to plug you will loose power and after you shut it off and turn the key back on the there is extra fuel from the fuel pump setting there so it will run better until that extra fuel is used up and then you will start to loose power again.
    pachu126 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Thanks, I will give this a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panel losing power [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if the breaker panel has weak spots is it going bad. If I move a breaker down one space it dims everything if I move the same breaker back up one spa\ce the power is fine. The lower I go down the panel it semms I loose power more.? Should I replace the panel Alreadt tried to...

Losing power [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Nissan Altima which keeps lossing power. It doesn't shut off, but when driving it will loose power and you can get no REV from it. When I turn it off for awhile it is fine. Also the service engine soon light is always on.

GM 6.2L Diesel Losing Prime [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an 85 Suburban, 6.2l Diesel. I'm losing prime after sitting for extended (10+ hrs) of time. I see no fuel leaks. I have replaced: Fuel Tank Sending unit Fuel Pump (with electric) Fuel line from tank to filter Fuel Filter and housing

99 F350 power stroke diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Engine goes dead when u turn wipers on. Have u got any idea??

View more questions Search