Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ale5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Grounding connection in service panel
    I'm presently having problems with electrical in floor heat GFCI tripping in various circuits. This is a new installation. I can't measure any grounds on any of these circuits. I checked the main panel and I can't find a bonding strap or conductor between the neutral and the grounding bar in the main panel. I'm not sure how to rectify this grounding issue in the panel. I need to eliminate the grounding issue in the panel.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Are you saying you are measuring between hot and ground and get no reading?
    If you have a separate ground and neutral, you may not need a bond.
    ale5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 09:48 AM
    The supplier is asking me to verify the grounding in the panel. I only did a visual looking for a connection fron neutral to ground. I just measured and I am getting 120v to ground which I suppose implies there is a connection somewhere in the panel..
    Thanks.

However not sure why these GFCI thermostats would trip out frequently. Can't measure any grounds.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Post a pic of the inside of the panel using "go advanced".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding a Panel and Meter Box [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing 200 amp electrical service in a new residence using 2/0 SE cable. The main breakers are in the panel. Since it is a GE panel, I have added grounding bars which did not come installed in the panel. The neutrals will all go to the neutral bars and the grounds to the grounding bars....

Grounding issue at distribution panel [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I live in Miami Florida. I have a issue of concern as to the Proper grounding of my distribution panel. I have a detached garage about 70 feet from my home. I have a Square D 200 A Combination service entrance device on the outside garage wall. The garage has It's own...

Proper grounding for 400A service and adjoining panel [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 400A service panel on the outside wall of a garage. For the time being it will only be supplying power to a 125A panel located on the inside wall of that garage. The 125A panel will be mounted inside the wall directly behind the 400A service, and the two will be connected by...

Grounding/neutral meter box and panel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm istalling a 100 amp service in the yard w/meter for the lake equip. The pole will have 3 conductors from the power transformer to the meter box (neutral an two hots). The ground wire from the ground rod connects at the meter box at the same lugs as the neutral? Yes? Or to the meter box...

200 AMP Service panel to 200Amp Sub Panel [ 1 Answers ]

I getting new 200Amp service to surface mount service panel. I want to run 2oo cable to bring it sub panel in my Garage which is approx 120Ft Run through ceiling. 2 Questions 1. Is there any ristriction on running a 200AMP inside house to garage ? 2. I got a dirt cheap subpanel that has...

View more questions Search