Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    briang5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Hampton bay fan replacing the remote and receiver
    I have a hampton bay fan with the light model redington ii by pinnacle and the receiver in thisfan is round and the replacement given to me by home depot is rectangular. On the receiver there is a white and black wire on one side and a upper light, lower light, motor black, and motor white wire on the other side. The fan after hsliping in the proper wires for the light and the power feed I have a gray, yellow pink and red wire left to hook up the fan motor. Which wire do I hook the receiver wire to. I think I need a diagram of the fan to see which wire to go to. Can anyone help thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Do the new and old receivers have the same wires?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Tip: Hampton Bay Remote Fan - Fan works by remote, lights do not. [ 10 Answers ]

I figured this may help somebody here. I have a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan... the kind without pull chains... and the remote will only operate the fan portion but not the light. The light is always on. Not a big deal, as the light switch on the wall could be used to turn the light...

Hampton bay remote control for hampton bay fans [ 2 Answers ]

We cannot get the ceiling light to go off on our fan in the bed room. It would not go on and in the middle of the night is just came on by itself and we can not get it off Joanne Moreland

Receiver remote [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know where I put the receiver at on the fan

Hampton Bay remote [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed a new fan w/ remote, lights ,upper and lower dim and brighten well with remote however fan does not operate at all. Wires from ceiling outlet are black, white, red and ground green. Instructions from mfg. show no connection for the red wire. I've tried it with the black and have...

View more questions Search