Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvmoore5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 09:59 AM
    12 Gage wire 110 outlet
    What amp breaker should I use for a out side 110 outlet using 12 gage wire.Used for plugging in vacuum cleaner to clean cars.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 11:08 AM
    15 Amp should be fine, 20 Amp is minimum can be used down here, and is what I would Use, on a 20 GFI breaker, Or a 20 Amp GFI Receptacle. 20 Amp circuit requires #12 wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire 1ph 208-230v outlet [ 4 Answers ]

Have to wire outlet for commercial freezer unit. Needs 1ph 208-230v. Plug is 15A/250V. Do I run 2 "hot" leads from same phase and one N/G to round pin? Not sure how you get 208-230 from one phase? Thanks - SM

12 gage wire on a 15 amp switch [ 1 Answers ]

If you can use 15 amp receptacles and switches on a 20 amp circuit, then why won't they accept (quick connect) 12 gage wiring?

Mixing wiring and outlet wire gauge . [ 5 Answers ]

If I have a 15 amp circuit, and 14 gauge wire, why can't I install a 20-amp outlet? If a 20-amp device is plugged into the outlet, won't the circuit trip, preventing overload? Also, 20-amp outlets and 15-amp outlets appear to have the same connection for devices (two prongs and a ground hole),...

Must you re-wire outlet to outlet? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there. Great site. I am rewiring my 1950's house with plaster walls, older wiring had no ground. Because it is one story, and extremely tight in the attic on the outer walls, I ran a 12/2 home run for the outlets, to a big (1900?) junction box, then "spidered" out to each individual...

How to wire a 240 outlet ? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have what I thought a simple project.. ok I have a 5K watt generator that has a 240 v outlet.. I want to connect my 240 v arc welder to it.. only problem is that the plugs are different.. I already have the proper plugs to adapt the connection.. I made a one foot adapter ( pig tail )... my...

View more questions Search