Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 05:42 AM
    When converting a fuse box to a circuit breaker
    Is it legal to feed a circuit breaker through a fuse box as long as the fuse can handle the load?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Yes. Why may I ask will fuse need to be upstream of a breaker? just curious.
    wrod Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell
    Yes. Why may I ask will fuse need to be upstream of a breaker? , just curious.
    I had the city inspector tell me that it was illegal, but the electrician who came to fix it said it wasn't. The previous owners tried to install it themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restrictions on moving a circuit breaker box? [ 19 Answers ]

I am considering constructing a walk-in closet in what is currently hallway space in my home. One of the walls that would form the interior of the new closet currently holds a circuit breaker box. I don't want to have a circuit breaker in a closet where access could be blocked, so building this...

Replacing fuse box with Circuit breaker panel [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace an old fuse box with a circuit breaker panel. Do I need a 200 AMP service? (considering putting in air conditioning in the future). The house has two apartments so I want to make sure there is adequate service. As I know absolutely nothing about this, what questions should I...

How to upgrade 2 30amp sub fuse box to Ciruit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this my first time posting on this site... I have up on the second floor a 2 30amp fuse sub panel that control 60% of the electrical on the apartment. How do I convert the fuse box to a Ciruit Box? Can I do it myself or should I hired an license electrician and how much will it cost? Thanks...

Installing a circuit breaker in an existing box; alternative forms of electricity [ 18 Answers ]

Hello: I have a Sears Craftsman 6hp 150 psi 33 gallon compressor. Electrical measurements are 120v/15amps - basically meaning it could run on normal household current. However, when I start it up, after about 3 seconds, it shuts off. I tried using the dedicated outlets in my apartment,...

Cost of converting fuse box to circuit breakers [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 100 amp electrical service using a fuse box to which a small circuit breaker panel was added (see photo). I would like to convert the whole service to a 150 amp circuit breaker panel. I live in Rochester, Minnesota. What is your estimate of the cost of this conversion?

View more questions Search