Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2005, 10:55 AM
    Adding remote to ceiling fan
    I purchased a hampton Bay ceiling fan. If I install a remote control unit to unit, will it work the way it should or does that unit have to be factory installed? :confused: Patou
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2005, 11:06 AM
    I really think they sort of come as mix and match modules, fan, lights, remote, etc. As long as the remote kit is sold as compatible with the model of fan you have, it should work. When you start to work, carefully note where the wires are connected, write it down unless very simple and obvious. Search, and you will find many questions here from those that didn't.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 11:46 PM
    If you buy a remote and receiver kit, and wire the receiver into the fan's canopy, it should work. You can't just buy the transmitter and expect it to work on any fan. I think you understand this already.

Here are wiring instructions:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

There's a section there that deals with remote kits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New ceiling fan remote instalation [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new Hampton Bay Ceiling fan. It has a remote control that I need to install. There are the "main" power wires on one side. black white and blue. I know what to do with these. On the other side of the remote are two more wires. Red and white. I am not sure where to connect these. There are...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote. The remote controls the fan correctly. The light works when pulling the chain but does not work from the remote. I wired the blue wire from the remote to the black/white striped wire from the fan. Any suggestions?

Remote for ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan "the Pearl"model 178-210. Could you tell me if it is compatible with a remote? If so, is there any particular one I should purchase.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased 4 Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remotes when I had my home rewired last winter. All of the fans work well and the remotes are excellent. They allow for remote control of the fan and light as well as containing a thermostat to control the fan. I have two of the fans installed...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

View more questions Search