Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koekcj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Installing New Thermostat from 6 wire to 5 wire
    I'm installing a new 5 wire progammable Hunter Thermostat. I have all but one of my wires accounted for. I RH and RC jumped together with R, W2 to W, Y to Y, and G to G. I do not need the "C" common blue wire as the new unit is battery operated, so I have this wire taped off. I have an orange wire labeled as "O" and not sure what to do with this. I know that "O" is used for reversing from heating to cooling, but not sure how to hook it up on new thermostat or if I need it. Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Is this a heat pump??
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
    You have the wrong thermostat, you need a heat pump thermostat with two stage heat. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 wire AC/Heater to 5 Wire thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Coleman BRCS0301BB AC and a gas based heting unit. I see 6 wires coming up to the thermosat - Red Blue White Yellow Green Brown

Hard wire 3 wire to 4 wire 220 service [ 2 Answers ]

How do I hard wire my 3 wire (red,blk & bare copper wires) 220vac cooktop to the 4 wire (black/white stripe,black/red stripe, blk/blk & bare alum wires) in the house supply j-box ?

5-wire thermostat - LOST a few wire labels. HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a programmable thermostat (upgrading from a previous programmable that wasn't to our liking. When taking the old thermostat off, I noticed 4 of the 5 wires were labelled. That's a good thing. HOWEVER, when I took the old baseplate off, 2 of the labels fell off (not sure from...

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search