Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FCLS7261 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Lose water pressure the more the lever is turned to hot
    I recently replaced the fixtures in the shower. Once I turn it on the pressure is fine. The more I turn the lever to hot the pressure decreases drastically.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Open you mixing valve after shutting down the main. Inspect the cartridge, especially the hot inlet. I think there may be debris or even teflon tape getting into the cartridge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Single lever kitchen faucet has very little water coming out hot side [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new (1 year old) single lever kitchen faucet that has normal flow when the lever is turned to the cold side but only a small trickle of water come out when turned to the hot side. I changed the disc with no results.

Lose of water pressure in one part of the house [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if u could tell me why I have lost water pressure only in one part of my house? The master bath. Kitchen and 2nd bath are fine. We do have a softner but it has been turned off with NO FLOW for 3 yrs now. Lose of pressure started about a yr ago. Washing machine is also doing just...

Water turned off now low pressure in kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

The water company came two weeks ago to install a device to read the meter. The man turned off the water for about 20 minutes. Since then, there is very low hot water pressure in the kitchen sink. Cold water pressure is good and other sinks in house are fine. Help!

No water pressure when shower turned on [ 1 Answers ]

When faucet is turned on in tub the pressure is great. When the shower is engaged the pressure decreases rapidly.. makes a gurgling sound and completely stops coming out. We have not had anything done to our bathroom, except that I took off the shower head to clean it of lime & rust build up, but...

View more questions Search