Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2005, 12:38 PM
    Ceiling fan does not work w/ remote
    I am trying to install a variable speed fan(reversible motor) w/ remote, which also has 2 light fixtures. The receiver has two inputs, a black(hot) and a white(neutral), and 4 outputs. One neutral, one black(for the fan), one each for the 2 light fixtures.
    The problem is when I connect the fan wire to the receiver it does not work whereas the 2 light fixtures work just fine. I tested the receiver and found that the black wire coming out of the receiver is hot if not connected. As soon as I connect the fan's wire it goes dead.

The fan when connected directly (without receiver) works just fine.

What is wrong ?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2005, 03:40 PM
    The receiver could have a bad overload in it that can't carry the load of the fan. You may need to take it back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote. The remote controls the fan correctly. The light works when pulling the chain but does not work from the remote. I wired the blue wire from the remote to the black/white striped wire from the fan. Any suggestions?

Remote for ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan "the Pearl"model 178-210. Could you tell me if it is compatible with a remote? If so, is there any particular one I should purchase.

Wiring ceiling fan with remote [ 1 Answers ]

There is a black, white, and red wire coming out of ceiling There is a black and white wire on one side of remote - black, white, and blue wires on the other side of the remote A green fan wire is connected to a bare ground wire from the ceiling Everything is connected per the...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

View more questions Search