Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ro911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Outlets outside
    My outlet outside the house doesn't work. So how do I fix it or find out how to repair it
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2007, 04:53 AM
    First check the circuit breakers for a tripped breaker, shut off the breaker fro this outlet, and turn back on. This will reset the breaker, do all of them if you don't know which breaker feeds the outlet. Once you know which breaker, label it.

Most likely the outside outlet is protected by a GFI outlet somewhere in the building. It can be in the kitchen, bathroom, garage, at the panel, in the basement, or another outdoor outlet. A GFI outlet has a test and reset button. If the GFI tripped due to a fault, the reset button will be out, pus in to reset.

If this is not the case, then there can be a loose connection at any one outlet or junction box causing power not to get to this outlet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlets not working! Help! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... I came home today and the outlets in our bonus room aren't working. I checked the breaker and nothing was tripped. Then I went searching for the GFI outlets. All of them were fine except the one in the bathroom nearest the bonus room. Here is the issue: On that outlet, the power...

New outlets [ 6 Answers ]

How many outlets per new circuit?

Certain Outlets Not Working [ 5 Answers ]

My outlets in my 2 1/2 bathrooms & in my basement are not working. They are not on the same circuit breakers & the breakers have not tripped. Is there a short somewhere & how do I fix?

Wet Outlets [ 6 Answers ]

Our outdoor outlets occasionally stop working and unfortunately one in our garage that we use for our 2nd refrigerator as well. We think it's happening when they get wet. The breaker is not tripped... I've checked the fuse box and those look okay. Last time they just started working again after...

Electrical Outlets [ 1 Answers ]

I have two outlets in my bathroom that supports a washer and dryer. One out is a reset outlet and the other is a normal standard outlet. I replaced both and only the reset outlet is working. How come the standed outlet has no power? The white and black wires are connected correctly.

View more questions Search