Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hondagirl125 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan doesn't work at all
    I bought a hampton bay ceiling fan & light to replace an old fan, the old fan & light were turned on by the same switch and couldn't be turned on one or the other. When I took down the old fan it was wired black to black green to green & white and red to blue. So when I hooked up the new one I followed their directions and connected black to black & blue, green to green & white to white leaving me with a red wire hanging out of the ceiling, & the fan didn't work. So I did it the way the previous fan was connected with the red & white from the ceiling hooked together to the white from the fan. Still nothing... Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Green, Bare copper, white, black & red wires are coming from the ceiling, unsure if there is a voltmeter, this is not a remote controlled fan, just a cheap model got it on sale at home depot for $50.00
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
    What color wires do you have coming from the ceiling? Do you have a voltmeter?

Either your old fan was wired wrong or something is incorrect with your ceiling wires.

Ceiling fan wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ceiling fan remote will not work, hampton bay Model #UC7083T? [ 11 Answers ]

The Red Light Does Turn On But It Won't Work. I Threw Away The Instructions Please Help!!

Hampton bay ceiling fan and light suddenly won't work [ 3 Answers ]

I thought I was switching the direction of the fan by sliding a button on the top of the fan. However, it shut the fan off entirely and now it or the light will not turn on... its the summer and I really need my fan to work! :(

Harbor Breeze fan, Hampton Bay remote doesn't work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay remote and a Harbor Breeze fan the fan and light worked fine for about a month, now nothing. I have run some tests and this is what I have found: House wireing 119Vac Old receiver Receiver white - black 119Vac constant - remote does not change this voltage Receiver white...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan w/Remote SWITCH WILL NOT WORK [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed all new ceiling fans in the house. They are all Hampton Bay's with remotes. The one in the kitchen and dinning room work by both the remote and the switch. However, when I installed the ones in the bedrooms, the wall switches will not work. There is a "red" wire up in the...

View more questions Search