Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notimejack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Electrical current load
    Hi all,

My name is Jack from lockport, IL. I am installing a bathroom in my basement which include a sewage waste pump. The pump is 1/2 horse and rated at 19.4 amps normal running. Would it be too much if I was to hook the sewage pump, a gfci outlet (for shaver or hair dryer) two lights fixtures and an exhaust fan to 1 20amp breaker? The most that would be running at one time would be the two lights, exhaust fan and the sump while taking a shower.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 07:33 AM
    That will probably blow on you at the most inconvenient times. You just will never know when the sump is going to kick in and the sump and hair dryer are too much for a 20 amp breaker. I'd put the lights and the outlets on separate breaker and the sump on its own dedicated breaker.
    notimejack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 07:59 AM
    I entered the wrong amps for the Sewage pump. It should have been 9.4 not 19.4

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Electrical Current [ 2 Answers ]

When I swiched the starter on, the riding mower wouldn't start. I didn't think that there were sparks to the plugs. I removed the end connections on each plug, took a screw driver so that there was a gap for the sparks to jump, and while my wife attempted to start the mower, I watched for sparks...

Electrical Current Running Through Water Pipes [ 11 Answers ]

This is an odd problem obviously, but whenever I take a shower, or someone in my family, we get shocked when turning off the water -- not a severe shock, but unpleasant nonetheless. The shocking occurs whenever we touch any of the metal around the tub (faucet, knobs, etc.) and when we touch the...

Electrical load caculating [ 1 Answers ]

I have some experience in installing residential electric but I never had to calculate the load for anyone’s home. I have a friend who wants me to run power out to his garage for a outlet and a light and he also wants a line ran up to the second floor for his home office for a computer and he has...

Electrical current flow [ 1 Answers ]

Electrical current through wires is similar to water flowing through pipes. Using this analogy make a statement about how electrical current flow is related to the resistance of the wire it flows through. PLEASE HELP!?

View more questions Search