Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scastroaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Hunter Ergonimic Ceiling Fan w/ Remote - Wiring to single switch
    We just installed a Hunter Ergonomic Ceiling Fan with a remote. It is powered by a single light switch and our intention was to always have the light switch "on" and use the remote control to turn it off or on.

When we turn the light switch on, the light comes on and all fan functions can be controlled by the remote; however, the light cannot be controlled by the remote (no dimming, no on/ off). We connected the wires color-to-color. Should we have switched a couple wires?

Thanks!
    Sarah
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Sounds like you may have connected the light directly to the line feed from the switch. You should connect the two light wires to the output of the receiver instead, usually blue and white.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 12:34 PM
    How many wires did you connect to the ceiling from the fan?

If only two, sounds like you have a defective fan/remote.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan switch nightmare [ 10 Answers ]

The chain on my Hunter ceiling fan broke and I bought a replacement. I must have not connected the wires correctly, because I have only 2 speeds. The wire colors are black, brown, grey and purple. I assume that black goes to the L position on the switch. What about the others? Help!! Thanks,...

Wiring a Harbor Breeze Universal Remote to a Hunter Ceiling Fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hunter Ceiling Fan Model #: 21871 Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Model # 43147 The Ceiling Fan has: The black & white wires for the motor, And red, pink, yellow & gray wires The Remote has: The black & white wires for the motor, And ONE blue wire for the lights

Wiring Hunter Ceiling Fan w/ remote in older house [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I just made this whole post and it signed me out so now I'm doing it again. Situation: - older house, garage converted to 2 rooms - don't know what was installed in the ceiling before - wall dimmer switch - 4 sets of wires into ceiling box - hunter fan w/ light and remote control and...

Hunter ceiling fan wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with wiring a hunter baseball fan light switch. The old switch broke and I have a new one. There are only two wires coming from it(black and black w/with stripe). I have tried to connect with others but is not working, any help please thanks

Wiring issue with a Hunter Ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me. I just moved into a brand new home and the Master Bedroom is pre-wired for a ceiling fan. It has two wall switches, one to control the light and one for the fan. The Hunter fan has a black, a white, a black/white and two green wires. The prewire...

View more questions Search