Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klafrance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Are my ground wires connected safely?
    I recently had some indications of power surges in my home and called the electric company. The technician they sent out said that the ground had settled and did some work on the box in my front yard (our power lines are underground) and to the ground wires on the exterior of my home. After he left, I noticed that he'd connected the ground wire to the water spout (the one that we attach our garden hoses to). When my husband used the hose this weekend, he said he felt a little shock. Is this connection safe? Should we have the power company back out?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 07:49 AM
    This needs to be checked asap. The grounding does not seem to done properly. No shock should be felt at all from the water line.

Utility company workers do not usually do any grounding, may be differnet with you utility.

Contact the utility and let them know what is occurring and get them out there right away to correct the problem. Ask them if they are qualified to do this type of work, or should a licensed electrician be invloved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to comminicate safely to sprit [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am very interested in mediumistic subjects I have lost people to sprit and miss them I can't afford to get a reading as single parent and resources tight can anyone help me find out how to comminicate safely to sprit myself thanks :)

3 wires + 2 wires  POOL MOTOR [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a motor for my pool. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it. 1 white, 1 black, 1 black with a white stripe. A continuity test on the 2 blacks says they are wired together somewhere. I have a power cable coming out of the ground. 1 white + 1 black cables inside. ...

Ceiling Fan Ground wires? [ 2 Answers ]

So I took my Aloha breeze ceiling fan apart again. Now I connected all the wires like the instructions say. I connected the black ceiling to the red remote, white ceiling to the white remote, the blue remote to the blue fan, black remote to black fan, white remote to white fan, and both green wires...

Wiring Ceiling Fan with Two Ground Wires [ 6 Answers ]

Trying to install a ceiling fan... From ceiling: white, black, green and copper wire From fan: white, black, blue and green Connected white.white, black & blue to black... QUESTION: Do I connect green from fan to green in junction box, or to green and copper in junction box? If...

Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have...

View more questions Search