Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chadeasy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 09:00 PM
    Do I need a neutral wire to wire up a 208v single phase fixture
    Asking cause the fixture only has two red wires and a ground coming down from the head of it
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 09:07 PM
    208V single phase is two hots and a ground from a 3-phase system. Typically in a commercial setting.
    Where is this fixture being installed? Who is installing it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire a single phase heater with 3 phase [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single phase 238-240v air handler with 15 kw(3 - 5kw strips) of heat strips. I want to wire this with 3 ph 208 wye. Can I change the wiring to this: L1 ~~~H1~~~L2 / L3 ~~~H2~~~L1 / L2~~~H3~~~L3. Then send L1 & L2 to the 240 system fan for a single phase fan motor. This Should give me a...

Is hot wire is not a neutral wire or vice versa in single phase two wire AC source? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a little bit confused why in AC single phase 2 wire source is merely classified the 1 wire as hot and other wire as neutral. The hot wire travels the current from the source to the load and going back the current to the source through the neutral wire. I know that in AC circuit, the signal or...

3-wire 220V receptable and need to hook up a 4-wire 208V oven [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Bakers Pride oven that has 4 wires and a 220v 3-wire receptable in which I need to hook it up. The receptable has black, white, & bare wires. The oven has black, red, white, and green. Do I simply hook up the black to black, the red(oven) to white(receptacle), and then the white and...

View more questions Search