Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimbo56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Ceiling fan not working correctly after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch
    Replaced the pull chain switch but it is only going to High/Low speeds.. won't shut off. Guessing I have the wiring wrong but I have different color wires then most other post. Any help would be appreciated. My fan has Black, Red, White and Yellow wires to be placed into the switch.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

3 speed, 4 wire ceiling fan pull chain switch replacement [ 20 Answers ]

I recently changed the 3 speed 4 wire switch on a ceiling fan as the old one had a broken collar. I purchased a replacement at Lowe's. The replacement worked at high speed only. I was careful in noting which color wires went into slots 1,2, 3 & L. Thinking that the new switch was defective, I...

3 speed, 4 wire ceiling fan pull chain switch replacement [ 0 Answers ]

What color wires go to which slot? On the switch there is 1,2,3 & L and I have yellow, purple, black and orange wires.

Diagram on replacing three speed switch on pull chain fan motor? [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing three speed switch on pull chain fan motor. It has L,1,2,3 with black,black,white and red wires. I know that the L goes with black and 1 black again 2 red and white goes with I'm I right or wrong.

Ceiling Fan 3 Speed Pull Chain [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a new switch for my ceiling fan. I installed it and the fan still doesn't work. The new switch has L,1,2,3 on the casing and at first I was trying to figure out which wire went where. However the old one had the same L,1,2,3 so I took the wires out of the old one, one at a time...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.