Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dd79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2013, 01:33 PM
    Do Murray meter load center combination 400 amp (Model # JA3042B1400SC) requires a si
    Do Murray meter load center combination 400 amp (Model # JA3042B1400SC) requires a single disconnect breaker?
    The panel that I purchase came with 3 disconnect breakers (1(one) for 200 AMP and 2 more optional) and it is ul approved. The inspector is asking to have just one main disconnect breaker?
    Can anyone refer me to some information in regards to the above subject?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 25, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Honestly I have no idea what the problem is. I am not familiar with this panel and am confused by your description.

If the inspector is telling you you need only one main he is dead wrong. You can have up to six main breakers.
    dd79 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2013, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    Honestly I have no idea what the problem is. I am not familiar with this panel and am confused by your description.

If the inspector is telling you you need only one main he is dead wrong. You can have up to six main breakers.
    Thank you for the quick response.
    Can you refer me to that information so I can prove him wrong
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 25, 2013, 02:24 PM
    NEC 230.71(A) is the code citation that you are looking for.

Also, the inspector must prove to you that he/she is correct. Based on article 90 of the NEC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

400 amp meter panel [ 3 Answers ]

I have a main house with a 200 amp panel. I also have a barn with 100 amps. Also a well, a front main gate, and some little stuff like irrigation. For the main service load panel, should I have a 200 amp service or 400? Thanks!! El

Who makes 400 AMP Meter Base [ 2 Answers ]

Who makes 400 AMP Meter Base

400 amp meter panel [ 3 Answers ]

My 400 amp panel has (2) 500 MCM CU supply. What is the maximum current permited on each phase.

Main Load Center Upgrade - 17' Distance to Meter [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I seem to be having a similar problem as other people but I still cannot decide what to do. I have an old house and I need to upgrade the Load Center to 200A. If I run the conduit in the attic to the nearest closet, there will be 17’ of conduit in the attic plus the additional 3’ down to...

400 amp service, 2 200 amp panels, 320 amp meter socket [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot and have already learned a bunch. I want to thank TK already and hope you reply to this. I am in the process of designing my electrical system for my new home. I have some electrical experience, but am by no means a pro. I am...

View more questions Search