Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wervish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Lites work, fan will not run either remote, wall or pull chain
    I have two Hampton Bay ceiling fans. Both have power and the lites work. The fans just stopped turning within a couple months of each other. The fans will not operate either auto or manually with the pull chain. There seems to be a common problem with both fans.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2009, 04:09 PM

Are they remote fans? If not, what controls are you using?

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversion of ceiling fan remote to manual pull chain use [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking to find a way to convert a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light unit from remote operation to two pull chains. Unit is the Reddington model I believe and is equipped with a FAN-2R receiving unit. We are having too many issues with the remote but like to keep this fan/light. Thank you.

Change fan from remote to pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze remote fan and want to put the thing on a pull chain. Apparently the remote activator resides in the switch box on the wall. (I bought a display model and was missing the remote etc,) The light is no problem as it is straight wired. The fan though has the little black box...

How to convert remote control ceiling fan to three-way pull chain [ 4 Answers ]

I am wanting to change over from a remote control to a manual pull chain for my Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light. I have a off/on light pull switch which will not be a problem. I also have a 3-way switch that I want to wire into the fan. Existing wiring: black and white power; small yellow,...

Ceiling fan doesn't operates by pull chain only, not wall switch. [ 9 Answers ]

If a ceiling light is controlled by a wall switch, along with one wall outlet on the same wall as the switch, what would cause the switch to become inactive after a hampton bay ceiling fan is installed in place of the ceiling light? The ceiling box has only black, white and ground wire, and the...

Hampton Bay fan, convert remote to pull chain [ 7 Answers ]

I just had a Hampton Bay fan installed in my vaulted ceiling. It is a fan with lights. Installer was unable to install the remote unit because of the steepness of the ceiling and the longer downrod. The fan is currently functioning with a wall switch but only on high speed. We did not put the...

View more questions Search