Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    placide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 08:42 PM
    Installing A New Baseboard Heater
    How do you wire a baseboard heater on a 240 volt circuit with 12/2 wire?

Does the breaker have to be a double pole or a single pole for such a job?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2006, 09:37 PM
    All the info you need is at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...elp-44869.html

Yes, you need a double pole breaker, one with a contact for each leg. Don't be fooled by the twin breakers providing 2 circuits off one contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseboard Heater Problems... Help! [ 16 Answers ]

I have wired two Marley electric baseboard heaters (240v) to a Programmable Thermostat. The problem is, nothing is working… Here are the stats: BASEBOARDS Baseboard #1 is 3 feet long, 3.1 amps & 750 watts. Baseboard #2 is 4 feet long, 4.1 amps & 1000 watts. WIRE & CURCUIT BREAKER I...

Electrical baseboard heater [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am installing two baseboard heaters in an additionn (two separate rooms). I will be running new wire and putting them on the same circuit. The heaters will be 48" 240V rated at 1000 Watts (4.2 amps). My qestions: -What size wire should I use (12/3, 10/3, etc.)? -What should the amp...

Installing double pole wall t-stat baseboard heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 220 baseboard heater, and it is on dedicated circuit. Heater works okay as I have run wires straight through and turned on circuit breaker and heater works. This is a Marley baseboard heater and wall double pole thermostat. Instructions with thermostat leave a lot to be desired. Actual...

Baseboard Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wiring a 240v 1500w heater and I ran a #12 wire because the circuit is also going to double as a A/C circuit for the summer. Anyhow I followed the wiring diagram on heater and wired to a 2pole 15amp and I turned on breaker and it popped so I pulled apart the heater and looked it all over again...

Baseboard heater help [ 2 Answers ]

I have to replace a missing baseboard heater 110 volt 1500 watt all I can find at home depot Lowe's etc is 220 volt can I use one of those hooked to 110 I do understand the output would be lower but actually don't need that much heat in that room anyway Thanks Gene

View more questions Search