Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    builder girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 02:30 AM
    No instructions remote ceiling fan/light
    I HAVE BOUGHT A tornado remote controlled ceiling fan and light from B&Q. However there are no instructions in the box and, no more on shelf and staff can not help. This may sound dumb, but do you see the receiver remote, or is it hidden, and if so where. The wires are really short so not sure how it all fits together. Please can anyone help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Not familiar with this brand but if it is new in the box you should see a remote and a receiver. The remote is the size of your palm with no wires showing, just a few buttons. The receiver is usually smaller and has between 3 and 5 wires sticking out a few inches. If any of this is missing, including the instructions, take it back. Tell B&Q to get you another one, it may already be there since you bought their last item, they generally reorder automatically.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2007, 11:37 AM
    How many wires are there? Often if a fan includes a remote the receiver is built into the fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Remote control on ceiling fan with a fluorescent light [ 4 Answers ]

I purchase a Home Depot ceiling fan with a fluorescent light. I bought a remote control for the fan but it cannot control the fluorescent light. Any thoughts on how I may reconfigure the wiring to use the remote? Thanks, Dan

Remote Control Light and Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have just had two Omega Casablanca remote control Ceiling and Light fans fitted. My question I have noticed that when I use my microwave oven this will turn on the light or fan on these units, is this normal and how can I rectify the problem. Thanking you kindly, sarah 1:confused:

Harbour Breeze Ceiling Fan and Light with remote Problem [ 1 Answers ]

The fan quite working a couple of weeks ago (it still spun but very slowly), and last night my remote got wet and today my light will not work at all nor will the fan I have checked the voltage on it and that is fine, I replaced the battery in the remote, and the bulbs in the light, checked my...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan remote light issues [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just recently purchased a Hampton Bay 54' sidewinder ceiling fan/light from homedepot.com, and had it installed by a general contractor. The wall remote functioned perfectly until yesterday. While we were trying to dim the lights yesterday, we noticed some flickering, then the light went...

View more questions Search