Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bozaira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2014, 10:22 PM
    Ceiling fan wired. (New install). Fan works but light doesn't
    It's a harbor breeze fan. Have separate switches for light/fan.

Wired as follows:

• White to white.
    • Black to black.
    • Red to blue.

2 green from fan bracket and rod to copper ground.

No sign of light but fan works.

Any help is appreciated!
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2014, 08:33 PM
    Your wiring is correct for a fan/light combination.Since you know your fan works with the switch, take the black wire from the switch and connect it to the blue wire from the fan. If the light works then you have no power in the other switch. If the light does not work then the problem is in the fan/light

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton bay ceiling fan light works fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

Recentle (Sunday) installed a ceiling fan with light. Before disconnecting the old fan/light because the fan didn't work we made note of the wire connections. Black to black white to white and blue to red. The unit is controlled by a wall switch. The lights work but the fan doesn't.

Ceiling fan direction light works not the fan doesn't [ 0 Answers ]

PUT IN NEW CEILING LIGHT WITH FAN. Light is working but fan doesn't ?

Hunter ceiling fan with remote only: light works but the fan doesn't. [ 0 Answers ]

My mom's house has a Hunter ceiling fan, (I don't know the model #), that has 4 lights and fan. It operates with a remote only. The remote will work the lights, but not the fan. When I press the fan button on the remote, I can hear a click in the fan motor, but the fan doesn't turn. Any ideas?

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - light works, fan doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys, I own a Harbor Breeze Armitage ceiling fan (model CC52WW5C) and the fan has stopped working. The light works fine but I get nothing from the fan. Any ideas? Or doesn't anybody have some contact info for Harbor Breeze (besides "Go to Lowes")? Thanks!

View more questions Search