Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sissy711 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
    Power off on one side of house
    I live in a double wide-I keep losing power on one side of the house. It's not even the entire side, maybe half way. Sometimes it will come back on by itself, other times it won't.. When it doesn't come on, I have to shut off all the circuts. Sometimes that doesn't week and I have to just hit the circuit breaker on one of the outlets.. any ideas?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Likely at the last good outlet or the first bad, Sticking wires in the holes instead of tightening around screws is famous for doing this.
    If you are going to go through all the recepticles, you may want to change to Decora. Labor would be about the same, just need the recepticles.
    Is it along a wall on 1/2 of the dbl wide or where the 2 connect, could be at the splice box between the 2, may be in attic or underneath.
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

Jun 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
    You probably need to have your electrical panel and breakers checked. If you hit trhe breakers or turn them off and on to make them work you might have a bad breaker or burnt connection in panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My power went out and when it came back on, one side deflated and can not get control [ 2 Answers ]

To go higher than 10. The other side did not deflate

Power window passenger side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Plymoth Grand Voager and if you put up both passenger and driver side windows at the same time the passenger side goes up really slow. If you put up just the passenger side window its slow in comparison to the driver side but not as slow as when putting up both windows. Could it be...

Electrical partial-power-loss power to the outlet on one side and the ground [ 2 Answers ]

I have partial-power-loss as a result of a heater and christmas tree plugged in the same line in my home. The problem I 'm having is that each outlet that was affected still has 115V on ether side and ground , is this the result of a hot attaching itself to ground somewhere in my wall? And how...

View more questions Search