Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ecbaldwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
    I have an old Pryanco 4 tube chime. I have replaced the wiring, but...
    There are 2 terminals above each chime. I figured they would be simple to reconnect 4 to the power and 4 to the passive... but no. Apparently the order in which they are connected determines whether the motor will operate, much less fire the sequenced solenoids. Before I start trying all 4096 possible different wiring combinations, I was hoping someone might have a suggestion?
    jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

May 18, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Buy a new chime. LOL
    Throwback Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 12:22 PM
    You should contact someone who has rebuilt these before. One expert is Tim at rejuvenation.com . I have seen samples of his beautiful handiwork. My own Pryanco chime was introduced in 1938.
    Smiles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install a new light to knob and tube wiring [ 0 Answers ]

I am adding a new light to an old existing light switch which is already wired to a light with knob and tube wiring. How do I hook up the light to the switch?

Dip Tube replaced due to flakes in water, how to clean out hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

We have the issue where we are getting plastic flakes in our water, which stop up the water flow at the faucet. We did some research and found it was most likely caused by the dip tube being eroded, and we had it replaced with our home warranty. However, the repairmen who installed the new...

Tube and knob wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering what Tube And Knob wiring is. My house was constructed in 1952.

Is knob and tube wiring too inadequate? [ 11 Answers ]

I have an older house with knob and tube wiring. I s that too inadequate to handle a track light system with five7 lights? I live alone. So I tend to turn practically all lights off in the rest of the house, except where I am working. I have 500 amp service.

Knob & Tube wiring [ 1 Answers ]

How do u tell which is the Hot on K&T How do u tell which is the neutral on K&T Thanks rrhaen Any help I thank

View more questions Search