Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Why does my laundry take funny smell when I hang dry it and how can I use to stop it?
    I hang my laundry to dry put the colored laundry smells funny how can I avoid this.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 14, 2010, 07:02 AM
    When was the last time to washed out your washing machine.
    Run it empty on the highest temperature setting with some detergent in, should remove any lingering smells.
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jul 14, 2010, 07:58 PM

Add 1 cup white vinegar to your next load of laundry along with laundry detergent. After that use 1/4 cup white vinegar in the rinse cycle every time you do laundry.
    Vinegar Tips - Laundry
    Robert Gift Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2010, 02:51 AM

Interesting!
    Why not also the whites?
    I would not waste water and electricity by operating the clothes washer without any clothes.
    A load of clothes will accomplish the task of cleaning the clothes washer.

I would wash in warm water.
    Also try another detergent.
    Is your area especially humid?
    Perhaps the white cotton fabrics simply dry faster. But if in sun, I'd expect the colored fabrics to get hotter and dry well.

Could it be the smell of the colored fabrics?
    Will keep pondering this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Funny hallway smell [ 1 Answers ]

When the heater is on, it emits a funny smell like burning rubber. Is this dangerous ?

Funny smell when furnace runs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman furnace and when it runs there is a strange smell that at times makes me sneeze and my nose dry and burning

Can I hang dry wall on this framing? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all Can I hang dry wall on my framed wall as it is or do I need to add wood blocks between the rafters at the top and bottom and at the ends against the brick wall. My old rafters are buried under the spray foam, the new 2x6 rafters are sistered to the old ones and are visible. Against the...

Funny Smell [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Any insight, advice etc most gratefully received. Had a gas leak 2 weeks ago and discovered an old pipe under the concrete floor in the kitchen (next to a redundant drain size pipe). Had the gas pipe fixed but left with 'diesel' type smell fume from the ? Old drain have had this sealed with...

View more questions Search