Ceiling fans rotate in opposite directions

Asked Mar 17, 2008, 01:08 PM 12 Answers
    I have two Hampton Bay Windward III ceiling fans which need to be operating in the same direction of rotation. I have one remote control that operates both fans and only one switch that kills power to both fans.The remote control can reverse direction of both fans. For some unknown reason the fans are rotating in opposite directions and reversing them still has them going in opposite directions. To reverse one fan I have to disconnect the wires on one fan and reverse the other fan with the remote control. Since this has happened a few times I'm looking for an easier way to reverse one fan. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Marty

>Moved from Forum Help<

Last edited by Curlyben; Mar 17, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
    Stratmando's Avatar
    Stratmando Posts: 10,788, Reputation: 486

#11

Mar 19, 2008, 04:58 PM
    So we are in agreement, It can happen again, or "why do you need to do it again?"
    Which is the point?
    "Because if a handheld remote is just out of range of 1, it will throw out of sync. Then you just have to repeat again and they will be back in sync".
    OR
    "If both receivers ALWAYS received the transmitted signal. this would not be an issue".
    ceilingfanrepair's Avatar
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,737, Reputation: 109

#12

Mar 19, 2008, 08:01 PM
    What I'm saying is, once you get them both going the same direction, you should be able to keep it that way as long as the remote is kept within range.

And if NOT.. . Then we have another problem to address.
    Stratmando's Avatar

#13

Mar 20, 2008, 06:26 AM
    I have seen it happen with 2 fans in a relatively small room. Weather it is the angle of the handheld, maybe hitting antenna at a Null or what? Plus they don't respond 100 Percent.
    I have see this a couple of times.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Installation Directions [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model number C532(CH) and am looking for installation instructions.

Hampton bay light kit for ceiling fan missing directions [ 2 Answers ]

I need a copy of directions that I inadvertently have lost in order to hook up light kit to flush mount hampton bay ceiling fan.

Ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to locate a company that sells 36inch ceiling fans with light kits and remotes if any body knows of such a company it would help me so much, I have been looking for weeks thank you 7555

Ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

OK so they are not rocket science. Now I have to install one on about a 25 degree ceiling in a cabin in the mountians. Only place is on a 6x8 beam. The wiring will have to run in conduit exposed up the beam and make it over to a vertical wall for the electrical. Cant drill into the beam and...