Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davis2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Grounding for Transformer
    My project have 600v 800V disconnector with neutral,From this disconnector I have 300KVA transformer(600/208,triangle/y),My question is : Do I have to run transformer ground wire to building common grounding system,if I have to ,what is wire size ?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Sounds like homework to me.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Here we go again.

If it is not homework, you should get someone to do the job who knows what they are doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding questions [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone take me through the steps for grounding my house? On the outside of the house, I've mounted a new meter socket rated for 200 amp service, and next to it, I have a 200 amp, exterior main breaker. It is not a combo unit. The meter is separate from the main break and the two boxes are...

Grounding secondary on 24vac transformer [ 14 Answers ]

On a York air handler, I have a 60hz, 240/208 -> 24vac, 40 va transformer. That's a 2 * 120v primary and (2) 24v outputs. On one of the 24v output terminals, there is a split connector that feeds the thermostat (RC) and strangely grounds(?? ) on the firewall, next to the circuit board, inside...

Grounding for 400 amp service [ 1 Answers ]

How to ground 400 amp service with 2 200 amp panels one on disconnect switch

Hot tub grounding bar [ 9 Answers ]

I got a free hot tub... yeah right free-the 6/3 wire itself is going to run $300! Anyway, the instruction manual calls for a 50 amp breaker and the 6/3 UF wire with ground. It also calls for a #6 copper wire that is attached to a grounding bar that is to be buried. I have heard two solutions,...

Grounding a GFI [ 1 Answers ]

I am using an existing wire that was used for a dryer. I have changed the breakers to 2-20 amp single pole breakers and am splitting the line to make two 110volt GFI outlets for a whirlpool tub (1 for pump and 1 for heater). I have a red, white, and black wires, however, there is no bare copper...

View more questions Search