Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Dog suddenly throwing up.
    Ok as I have mentioned before I have always had cats so this dog thing is a mystery to me. So here is the question. I got my dog his last parvo shot this Saturday and then we went to the beach and played in the surf for Sat/Sunday. Last night he went and crawled into his crate and went to sleep. This worried me because he and the crate are not good friends. Normally it takes everything I have to get him in there. Then this morning as I was getting dressed he crawled out of bed and barked at me to take him out. I did and all was fine. He went and crawled back under the covers and went to sleep. Now my husband is calling me in a panic because he threw up 4x and is not playing with his squeak toys. My husband is kind of not best in a crisis so my question is... don't dogs throw up sometimes? And when should I start to worry? We are a little poor this week so I am trying not to have to take him into the vet for a false alarm.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 09:49 AM
    It is a little late for anything from the beach to be bothering him. Still, they find plenty of things at home to gulp down and find indigestible, perhaps part of a squeaky toy. I think you can wait until morning and see how he is. If he has swallowed part of a squeaky toy, he may have to have surgery, but I think you can safely wait to see tomorrow. I don't like the lack of activity. Large, young dogs including Labs and Goldens are much more likely to swallow things they can't pass. If DocWill shows up and disagrees with me, listen to him. Otherwise don't let nervous Nellies knowing little more than you, panic you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is throwing up [ 7 Answers ]

We don't have the money to take my puppy to the vet this week and I can't find a vet that will let me pay next week and they won't tell me anything without seeing her, she is 5 months and is acting normal she just keeps throwing up white vomey vomit I don't know what to do

Dog won't eat and throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog Ginger is 10 years old, She is a golden retriever . We took her to her yearly checkup and they found out she lost 20 lbs. So they took x-rays and they found she had a enlarged heart and spleen. But they took blood and found nothing wrong. But we gave her some of that canned dog food that...

Dog suddenly peeing [ 1 Answers ]

So my dog Zeus has always been very well behave when it comes to doing his business. Now all of a sudden he just starts wetting things. He has wet my bed 2x this week and sometimes when my husband comes home he will get excited and wet the floor. How do we get him to stop this?

Dog suddenly going potty [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 yr. old lab mix got her vaccination boster today, and tonight she suddenly went pee in the house, all over before we noticed it. A reaction to the shots or coincidence?

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search