Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallis2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 12:09 PM
    My dog is sick ,any ideas?
    Hi….I’m new here I just stumbled upon this site searching Yahoo for answers... Last week (fri/sat) my 8yr old American Staffordshire started having runny, slimy stools. Then 2days later he started puking. The 1st time it was chunky & contained everything he had eaten! Then it skipped a day, he started refusing food even Table food which is RARE for him! He puked again a cpl time’s sense then and it's been light brown & watery... the smell is HORRIBLE!

He hasn’t eaten today but he still puked all over my kitchen floor after drinking his water

Any ideas?

Thanks
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Please get your dog to a vet. Asap if this started last week it has gone on far to long... good luck
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

May 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
    He has definitely earned himself some blood work an x-ray , to start with.

And welcome!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Sounds like he has a blockage go to vet now
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
    If you are at all hesitating with the advice given, and need a 4th person to chime in, I strongly agree with everyone here. Frankly, if that were my dog and the symptoms lasted more than a day, I would taken him in to the vet. Since we are closing in on a holiday weekend, I cannot urge you enough to call the vet NOW and get your dog in to see him asap!

May 24, 2007, 01:20 PM
    How does that song go,. the freaks come out at nighttttt the freaks come out at nighttttttttttt I think about that readily on the holidays, we are open 24 hours a day 365 days a year, understandably slightly understaffed on big holidays, however still open for fun and exciting chaos that some silly dog or cat can surprise us with!

Lets not talk about full moon Comical Cat night,, save that for later
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Doc, you will find after being here a while, most of us don't have access to emergency vet service or hospitals. If we are lucky, there is someone on emergency call at our vets office. But, a lot of people who post here seem to live in the boonies and are not that lucky to have your kind of hospital. I actually switched to a vet that was closer to where I live but he is a one man operation. The clinics where they have a few on staff do have someone on call for the off hours, of course, at a much higher fee. The closest animal hospital is over an hour away from me. So, I am very, very vigilant about knowing exactly what is going on with my dogs. It scares the heck out of me when I think about emergency situations.

May 24, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I generally consider myself of average intelligence. Honestly it really never crossed my mind that there are country dogs not as fortunate after hours and the city dwelling doggy. This can change treatment plans considerably in some cases. Hmmmmm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to feed a sick dog with no appetite? [ 10 Answers ]

My poor Rosie was just released from the hospital suffering from HGE (Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis) that we all suspect was brought on by Rimadyl that was prescribed for her arthritis. It came on so suddenly that I had to rush her to the hospital. She's home now, weak, on medication and...

My dog is very sick [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is very sick, she's 13 years old which I know is old for a dog but she was fine yesterday as she spent the day playing with a 2 yr old labrador which she has done everyday since we got the labrador 20 months ago,but last night it seemed that she got very tired, her heart began to race and...

My dog looks sick but I don't know what's wrong with it [ 1 Answers ]

OK my dog looks seriosly sick. She is still enegetic but all around her eyes is red like a vained poped but it has been likea month and I thought it might be a viral infection what do you thinks going on with her she is a black lab so if it is a gentic thing OK. Please answer .thnx

My dog is sick! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my dog won't eat he has blissters on his mouth he is running a temp and has a swollen gland and I need 2 noe what it is fast so please help!! :eek:

Sick daschund dog please help [ 14 Answers ]

We recently took in a stray daschund about 8 weeks ago. He is the best dog I have ever known. He is already a couple of years old, because he was already fixed when we found him and VERY housebroken, also extremely smart. The past 4-5 days, her started puking, has not eaten since. At first he...

View more questions Search