Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belle2929 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2005, 08:52 AM
    Dog bite
    Our 3 yr old germanshep/cattledog cross just had an argument with a "buddy" during one of our daily outings in the offleash park. It wasn't a vicious fight... just a disagreement.. which lasted about 5 seconds... however our dog ended up with a single tooth wound on his upper foreleg... in the outer muscle. It is too small to require a stitch... but it is a little deep. What is the first aid for such a wound?. I have used a little hydrogen peroxide... however does it need to be flushed with any thing else?. I have clippers.. should I clip away the hair there?. Would a bandage over it be a good idea to prevent licking? Also I have had a dog bite myself many years ago and remember how the bruising was really sore?. would you suggest buffered aspirin?. he weighs about 28-30 lbs.
    Thanks... I look forward to your advice.
    Belle2929
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2005, 09:04 AM
    Much of what you are doing sounds good to me. The few times I have tried to bandage a dog, it tore it off. Buffered aspirin is the only over the counter pain medicine you should ever give a dog, 5 mg per pound of dog every 12 hours, half or less of a standard 325 mg tablet.

I count myself fortunate as not having much experience in this area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I bite my fingernails? [ 26 Answers ]

I am a professional very well respected business woman, wife and mother. I cannot stop biting my fingernails! The only way my hands look decent is to wear acrylic nails from the nail salon. I have done this ever since I was in first grade according to my parents. I am now 40. I want to stop...

Bad Bite [ 3 Answers ]

I went to see a dentist about crowns that needed to be done but mostly about Porclian veneers for cosmetic reasons. He told me I needed to have orthodontic work (braces done) before the other work would be successful. My bite is off. Has any one else been told this as well. I know our cases are...

Massive bed bug bite cluster? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I recently moved into a room where the landlord "neglected" to tell me that they had bed bugs even though he knew before. I have been getting bitten maybe 3 times a night, and then last week I was bitten in a one inch patch of skin over 20 times... or so I though when I counted the little...

View more questions Search