Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_n_lovly
    On Monday I got a mix of a lab & golden retriever. He is about 10.5 wks old according to the papers they gave me. He has had shots and is supposedly wormed.

On Monday just after we got him home he seemed to be fine. He was mild and layed around a lot. I started mixing his food from the shop with some puppy chow (based on the directions on the back of the bag) and he ate find monday. Tuesday he went out and ate some grass (I assumed his stomach hurt) and he threw it up. He also had loose stool too. Yesterday and today he hasnt eaten more than a bit or two and even cut back on his water today. He still has the loose stool but is quite active with me and my kids for part of the day and then just sleeps the rest of it.

I did already call the vet and they havent called back with an opening yet. I am just wondering if anyone else experienced this with a new puppy. I have 3 labs now and the other 2 never had any problems.

Thank you!
    How do I get a dog who is 3yrs to eat ? I just got her on sat. and today is Mon.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Chances are, what she really needs is a little more time and lots of love. If not, a vet visit is more likely to be the solution than rich food. You lack the essential I start with in the sticky, knowing the dog. The problem may require faster action for Labs that are typically gluttons than a Shepherd, often picky eaters. Read the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171 Try to decide which case and remedy best fits your dog. Post back with more details if you want more help.

Note, I made a separate question out of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 8 year old daughter won't eat [ 18 Answers ]

Every dinner is a battle.. anyone have any advise on this..

My 9 year old dog won't eat [ 4 Answers ]

My dog eats all they time but lately he hasn't at anything what's wrong with him? :confused:

My 5 year old won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a 5 year old daughter who aont eat and when she does she chews her food to a liquid then spits it out I'm at the end of my teather any advise would be great :(

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

My 7 year old won't eat [ 6 Answers ]

My 7 year old won't at all he eats when he feels like it and I have to almost force food in his mouth to eat it please help me I just don't knowe what to do any more

View more questions Search