Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halahmohsen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Cat wound?
    Hello, my cat had a little crusty area on his head and when I pulled it the hair fell off. Could this be just a wound or must it be ringworm
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 04:14 PM
    It could be either one, without seeing it that would be difficult to determine. Ringworm usually has a rounded appearance with scaly edges, but in a cat it will often take on different looks. Do an image search and you will see how varied they can be. If you have other cats or pets or he is an outdoor cat the chance that it is a wound is good. Check in the area that you found the first spot and feel for other scabs or bald or crusty places. Generally a bite wound will have more than one puncture since the long canine teeth in the front are what causes the damage.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 1, 2012, 01:33 AM
    And, when a bite wound gets to the point that the hair is 'slipping', there should be a pus pocket developed beneath the hair loss area that you can feel. Gently push... it won't hurt the cat.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Feb 1, 2012, 01:36 AM
    Ringworm is contagious and fairly common with cats, especially if their immune system is not quite up to par. Best check this out with the vet since you can catch ringworm, too. (If it is that)
    kitashea Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2012, 09:45 PM
    If the cat has an ear infection and scratches other places after its ears the bacteria can be transferred from the claws to any were on the body. Hair loss, pus, and wetness and be symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I heal my wound? [ 28 Answers ]

Hi all of you Before posting this I read some of the older posts here in this forum and I really found myself.I'm just going over the same situation.ill just summarize my story. I am 24.I left my country 7 months ago. And there I left the person I loved more in my life and to be honest I...

Foxtail wound [ 2 Answers ]

My dog had a foxtail in his paw-i got it out and it looks better, but how can you tell that is healed completely?

Cat w/ very smelly wound! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, in the past year my indoor/outdoor cat, Pansy, has had 3 absesses (sp?). The first one we took him to the vet and took home antibiotics. The last two we took care of ourselves and they healed just fine. But tonight he came in and smelled awful. I thought maybe he stepped in sh*t or...

Wound cleaner? [ 11 Answers ]

I've injured my knee:( is there any wound cleaner liquid anybody knows to clean wound without burning sense. Because I knew some wound cleaner but they all give burning sense. Let me know as soon as possible.

View more questions Search