Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hollyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Our dog is urinating on our beds?
    We have a 12 month old dog who is urinating on our beds. He has been fixed and this problem actually started after he was fixed. We are constantly keeping our doors closed, but the one time it's open he gets in. We have tried many different things and it's not helping. Is there anyone else who had had this problem who can help us!! :-) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank You!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:22 AM
    Neutering usually reduces such a problem, but is no cure all. Such behaviors usually develop as the dog matures, so it is just a coincidence it started after being neutered. Who sleeps where is a big deal to dogs. Urinating on your bed is a way of showing the dog outranks you in the pack. The key to most behavior problems is approaching things using the dog's natural instincts. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog urinating in their crate [ 6 Answers ]

I have an 11 month old chocolate lab puppy who is with me most of the time, but when I need to leave home in his crate he urinates in it and rolls around in his own urine. How do I get him to stop urinating in his crate? I don't know if it is the type of crate the I use or that he just gets mad at...

Dog not urinating properly [ 3 Answers ]

My dog urinates normally most of the time but occasionally he needs out every five minutes and only does a series of squirts. He is a two year old labrador who has been castrated but the problem has been present since before his castration. Any ideas

Dog urinating in her sleep [ 2 Answers ]

Lately our dog has been urinating in her sleep. She is a very well trained 5 year old, and this seems to be a new problem. What could be causing her to do this?

Dog Poop on Lawns/Shrubbery Beds [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a residential community where people just simply refuse to pick up after their dogs. So my lawn, from time to time, has some dog poop on it. Is there some product that will repel the dogs so they stay away from my lawn + shrubs - yet, won't harm them or the lawn/shrubs + not need to...

Dog Urinating [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 3-1/2 years old. He is a inside dog and has been house broken. All of a sudden he has been peeing in the house. He is let out 5 to 6 times a day and some times more. I don't understand why he is doing this. Nothing has changed here. Only him. I need help!!

View more questions Search