Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    home owner Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
    ATM withdrawals
    Can anyone confirm this. I don't believe it, but it has been making the rounds of the internet. We have all heard about people being forced to take money out of their ATM, by force from a robber. Supposedly, if you enter your PIN in reverse (4321 as opposed to the correct number of 1234), the ATM recognizes that the PIN is in reverse and will give you the money, but the police will be dispatched to help you. This is great, but is true??
    Forever21 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
    I have honestly never heard of this but if it is not so they should do something like it to help when in need.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 08:30 AM
    This is one of many internet hoaxes that are floating out here in cyberspace.

Please see this link:

PIN Number Reversal - Use Reverse PIN to Contact Police in ATM Emergency? - Netlore Archive
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 09:16 AM
    One suggestion is not to keep a lot of money in that account in the first place.

That way, if it happens to you, you won't lose much at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ira withdrawals [ 1 Answers ]

I am 73. Can I take out all the money I have in my ira. Will I be charged a penalty? Do I have to pay taxes on the withdrawl?

401(k) Hardship withdrawals [ 2 Answers ]

I seem to be hearing a lot of radio commercials from folks who will show how to withdraw money from an IRA or 401(k) without a penalty as required by the IRS. How do these work?

Boyfriend Withdrawals when stressed, how do I cope [ 8 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and when he gets stressed out he withdrawals and I won't hear from him for a couple of weeks. He says he just needs to be alone but when you care about someone you want to help him. There is always going to be stress in a person life. He's not the...

Atm switches in mobile telecommunication. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know Asynchronous Transfer Module woks in mobile application?

View more questions Search