Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Jan 31, 2007, 06:55 PM
    It getting to be a routine
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to put my situation out there and see what advice I could get. Me and my girlfriend have been seeing each other for about a year now, exclusively for the past 7 months. We love each other but lately things have been getting boring. We both go to school full time and both work a couple days a week. Even though were both busy we still find time for each other and see each other probably like 4 times a week. But I'm going to be honest, its starting to get boring. Example... there's usually a certain night of the week I'll go visit her a school and stay over and at first it was I guess cute or whatever but lately I've been thinking why do I go? She is very needy and wants to see me all the time. I've told her that its not possible cause were both so busy. And it's a struggle to see her as much as I do. And although this may seem selfish, sometimes I feel like I'm putting more into the relationship than I'm getting out of it.

I don't want to break up with her at all and we both love each other. But like I said it is getting boring for me and I can tell she probably feels the same way. As far as I know she doesn't want to break up either. We're both in our early 20's and I don't over contact her (usualy one of us will text the other in the morning saying have a good day and all that stuff, maybe sometimes during the day, and we'll talk at night before we go to sleep). And for those of you that know me I was getting over a bad breakup before me and the current girlfriend got together so I had problems letting my guard down which has been an issue for us, but lately I've been getting better. Anyway I just wanted to get some thoughts on the situation and maybe get some advice from people who've felt like this before. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 07:00 AM
    In going back through your posts and you have a lot of them I notice a month of healing between g/f's, so at first I thought rebound. Getting into a relationship before you were ready. Now that you've gotten over the ex some what, you find out that the new g/f is boring even after the rocky road you've been through with her. That break you should have taken before, maybe you need it now. Let me throw something else at you, Boring people are usually BORED. Could it be you need a little more creative thoughts to spice up your life and relationship to get out of this rut your in?? Think about it.
    lost?? Posts: 234, Reputation: 7

Feb 1, 2007, 05:01 PM
    I come here for advice and you call me boring... great thanks. Haha just kidding I know what you mean and I know the whole boring and routine thing is just as much my fault as it is hers. I can see I've been lacking in the creative department and I know I have to work on that. Just to clear things up, I started seeing her 3 months after my ex and you're right it did start as a rebound for me, and that's why I waited so long to officially get together... I didn't want a girlfriend. Over time though it became more than that to me and I really did fall for her. I guess I just got to try a little bit harder on the relationship to make things better for the both of us.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
    I do like your attitude as you sound much calmer than you did on your posts last year. The good news is being creative is FUN. All you have to do is RELAX and be willing to do things you normaly don't do. Check both your schedules and see what you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cost for Routine Maintenance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am clueless about the costs associated with routine maintenance for my HVAC. I would like for the technician to do a complete system review and change the filter, if necessary. What is the appropriate cost range for such services? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tell me about your skincare routine! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't have really horrible skin, but when I breakout, they're big and nasty and stay forever... I'll start a routine, but after a couple of months, my skin gets evil again and it's back to square one. I've been using St. Ives apricot scrub and following with a neutrogena oil control thing, but...

View more questions Search