Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jan 28, 2007, 06:28 PM
    hairballs can i make them easier for my cat
    is there anything I can do for my poor longhaired cat. Those hairballs are coming about 2x per week and they look so awful for her. I have been giving her whiskas catmilk and it has helped slow them down but is there anything else I can do for her?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
    There a kibbles that are made specifically for hair ball problems. Go to your local pet store and look at the selection to see which one might work best for your kitty. From what I understand, they work pretty well.

The other thing you can do to help her is to brush her every day. Minimize the amount of hair she is licking off herself.
    laylow80 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2007, 10:33 AM
    I agree with RubyPitbull. There are certain cat foods for hariball control. Have you ever bathed your cat? If you haven't I don't know if that would be the best idea, but brushing her twice a day, say when you get up and before you go to sleep, could help reduce the amount of hair intake. And further reduce hairballs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

Which sort of breakup is easier to get over/ what went wrong? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all.. I posted about 2 weeks ago saying my girlfriend needed a break... I kept minimal contact with her (2 msges a day) and 2 days ago, I got a letter from her saying that she wants to break up and she's sorry.. the reason being she couldn't cope with the stress of all the arguments and...

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

Will my cat be able to make new friends? [ 2 Answers ]

I found my cat about a year ago on the side of the road, barely 4 weeks old. He slept in the nape of my neck for the first few months and the first time he was brave enough to venture outside of my bedroom to the rest of the house, he was about 2 months old. He grew up in my mom's house (I live...

Help... hairballs [ 1 Answers ]

Need help. Tigger who is about 8 years old has for the last month hacking like he's needs to bringup a fur ball. He is a compulsive licker. I have tried all the over the counter products, I even changed litter and take him into the bathroom to breath the steam from a hot shower.. He is fine...

View more questions Search