Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 07:02 PM

Good way to get your dog killed.

What breed of dog do you have?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 09:35 PM

And a good way to get sued, if the burglar is not threatening anyone in the home, just breaking in, you can't use deadly force against them. ( in most US states) so when dog chews up someone, you get to pay all of their medical bills.

But if you must, you send your dog to schools trained to teach them that. Then you also go to similar school to learn to handle an attack dog
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2011, 11:48 PM

An alarm system would be cheaper and easier.

Trained guard dogs can cost in excess of $10,000.

Puppies are around $1500 however training is hard, if not impossible to get into.
    Only certain dogs are selected for guard and protection work. They must have a specific nature and temperament which is why only a handful out of thousands of potential candidates make it through just to the training part... even less than that actually pass the course.

In Australia you cannot just have a guard dog in your home, you must yourself be a qualified dog handler and carry the necessary certificates.
    The certificates fall under the same category and Security Guards.

If you want to know how to train the dog to attack yourself I'm sorry but you won't find the information here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Attacking Another Dog. What To Do? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, All! I house and dog sit on a regular basis at a home not far from where I live. There are three dogs - a Husky, Yellow Lab and an English Setter. Sometimes I give piano lessons at the same home. Adult student came over for a lesson this afternoon. Yellow Lab attacked the Husky and...

Burglar alarm humming noise [ 1 Answers ]

The box for my burglar alarm makes a constant humming noise. This is the main system box not keypad. It is a bosch alarm and is wired into the house so I can't turn it off unless I turn the mains power off. It has wireless sensors which receive signal from antennae on the box. The box is in my...

Cat burglar and phone calls. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey.. I'm a tad freaked out right now.. For the past few weeks some one under the name "Private Caller" Keeps calling my house ever few days.. When someone picks up they hang up imidetly.. Well today this person called.. I picked up but didn't answer.. Mainly to see if I hear breathing or...

Which burglar deterrent CD is better [ 1 Answers ]

I am going on vacation, and I live in an apartment building. Which burglar deterrent CD is better, from www.deterrentsounds.com] or www.audioguard.com]?

How to nab a burglar? [ 3 Answers ]

The probability is 0.6 that a single burglar alarm will detect a burglar. How many alarms should be used to be at least 90% certain that a burglar is detected? What formula do I use to solve this ? June must take a physical exam and a written exam. The probabilty of passing a written exam is...

View more questions Search