Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    booboobear.1011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 07:08 PM
    My dog hasn't been eating, throwing up, yelping, struggling to get up stairs.. HELP!!
    My dog is named star.
    She is a rat terrier mix.
    She is very over-weight. We got her over-weight. We got her when she was about 9- 9 1/2 years old. She is now 11-13 years old. I do not know for sure. We saved her from her owner because they wanted to put her to sleep. We had to pay for all this dental work and her teeth are just as bad as they were again. I need help. She can't go upstairs, she has to stretch and go very slowly to go upstairs. She can go down. She still barks. She can't get up on couches anymore or beds. Even really low ones. I will have to pick her up. And she can't even reach her paws up. And she kind of yelps a little bit. She hasn't been eating these past few days. And she ate today and she through it up like 4 hours later. I need help! I am sure she is going to the bathroom everyday and just an average amount. She shakes more often when she is even laying down. And usually it is when she is standing up cause of her body weight. But, when she lays down, she is now shaking.. her tongue kind of hangs out of her mouth. And I'm just really scared..
    She is my best friend. Please help me.
    I need answers! What should I do? The vet is so much money, and I just need some answers.. PLEase help.. :"(
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2011, 09:49 PM
    You sound young...

Your dog more then likely has arthritis or some type of osteo condition. You need to get her looked at.

Her weight will make her achy bones WORSE. Get her on a diet ASAP!

First step to a diet is cut out all human food. Get her on a good diet. What you are feeding matters! If you are feeding any type of grocery brand dog food, then that is the #1 reason she is overweight.

Old dogs get aches and pains just like people do. She needs medical attention now!

Another factor to keep in mind.. Owners give up dogs for a reason. You may be walked into a huge medical expense. You are going to have to make choices if her condition is bad.

Please take your pooch to a vet for some help. In the mean time, get her on a good food specifically for weight loss... Natural Balance lamb and rice is a good place to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog started yelping in pain for no apparent reason. [ 2 Answers ]

She is keeping her tail down like it is pain or her anus is in pain. She doesn't want to sit down and shivers.

My 24lb dog stopped eating, she was throwing up so I took her to the vet [ 4 Answers ]

My dog CoCo started throwing up everything she would eat Thurs. 25th Nov this continued till I took her to the vet that Monday Nov 29th. The vet gave her a shot to settle her stomach examined her said she did not have any infection or temperature and sent home some pills (he said it was the same...

Cat keeps throwing up but hasn't eaten for four days [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have got a 18month old male cat he hasn't eaten or drank for a last three days all he does is vomit, and sleep.

Cat throwing up after eating [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 cats and I'm pretty sure it's the younger one throwing up. Before paying the dr $40 to tell me a simple answer I'm wondering if anyone else can answer this.. She's a very tiny cat and shell be a yr in May. She weighs only 5lbs and is a pig. She probably eats more than my 15lb cat. ...

Dog intermittenly yelping [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 4 1/2 yearold female lab/shep cross who for the last day has been intermittenly yelping like she is in pain.She still has very normal activity and I can poke her and prod her all over with no sensitive spots, in the last two months with no change of diet or exercise she has put on...

View more questions Search