Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ehallum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 04:55 PM
    Dog ate proscuttio and mozzarella including plastic wrapper!
    My dog (pound puppy, 30 lbs. 6 months.) just got on the counter and ate half a roll of cheese and ham, including the thick plastic wrapper. Swallowed whole pretty much. Cheese circumference was about as big as you middle finger tip to thumb tip. I think (pray) she'll pass it! Anyone else with similar experience? This was NOT Saran wrap.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 05:05 PM

Yes, she will pass it. Watch her next bowel movement to see what comes out (I am not kidding). Yes I know what kind of plastic it was. The only problem is if some plastic gets stuck in her bowels, it could cause a blockage, so keep a close eye and next time watch what you leave on the counter. I always have too!
    Ehallum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 05:21 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks for your response! Do you think I should feed her tonight, or give her something to 'help it pass'?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 17, 2011, 05:25 PM

What she possibly has in there, which is the spicy meat is enough to make everything pass. You should never give a dog a laxative anyway. She will have enough lose stools anyway... but not learn a lesson, she will do it again.

Put down her regular food, it can't do any harm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog ate a plastic toy car and now throwing up last few days but seems to be OK poopin [ 1 Answers ]

1yr old dog ate a toy plastic car has been throwing up yellowish light brown With some plastic in it been about 3 days she is eating drinking okay pooping regulary just throwing uo

My dog ate plastic? When should I call the Vet? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog ate plasic and raw hamburger meat... what do I do?? It has been a few hours and she has not drank or ate anything that I know of... should I call the vet or wait a day to see if she will be okay?? :confused::confused::confused:

My dog ate plastic bath mat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 9 week old puppy and today while we were gone she ate part of my plastic bath mad. Now she has started to vomit. I don't know if she is vomiting from the plastic mat or could she have Parvo? This is our first puppy and don't know a lot about dogs yet so any help would be great. Thanks:o

My dog ate some plastic wrap! [ 6 Answers ]

He took a piece of chicken wrapped in plastic right out of my hand - ran outside and ate it! What do I need to do/watch for?

View more questions Search