Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akkilani Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 2, 2011, 05:36 PM
    7 weeks old Siberian husky won't eat
    My 7 weeks Siberian husky suddenly stopped eating food, it eats treats and drinks water, pee and poo outside as always I have had it for a week now its used to me and to the people in the house its always playing sleeping normal it just won't eat for some reason. I have been feeding it Blue buffalo dry food and I mix it with a little bit of warm water. What could be the reason?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 09:27 PM

Could be you should stop the treats.

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2011, 12:42 AM

Any sudden changes in eating habits or behavior need to be seen to by a vet.

Are you aware that no reputable breeder will rehome a puppy before 8 weeks of age? Backyard breeders can honestly not be trusted with anything, so I would be taking this puppy in to the vet for a full health examination regardless.
    Did the "breeder" provide you with proof of worming and health checks?
    akkilani Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2011, 01:03 PM
    You guys should calm down... its nothing, don't feed him for a litle while and then after he is hungry give him some of the dry food without adding the warm water to it and see if he eats
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akkilani View Post
    you guys should calm down... its nothin, dont feed him for a litle while and then after he is hungry give him some of the dry food without adding the warm water to it and see if he eats
    If you thought you knew the answer, why did you ask the question?

Also, you're answer is wrong. Not feeding him is not the answer, especially at the age of 7 weeks when he really needs all the nutrition he can get.

The fact is, no reputable breeder allows a dog to be adopted until at least 8 weeks of age. In fact, in most states it's illegal to separate a puppy from it's mother until 8 weeks. Seeing as the person you adopted this puppy from gave the puppies away at 6 weeks (you said you'd already had the puppy for a week) I wouldn't count on any of the normal testing, de-worming etc. having been done on the pup.

See your vet. Not eating is a sign that something is going on.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akkilani View Post
    you guys should calm down... its nothin, dont feed him for a litle while and then after he is hungry give him some of the dry food without adding the warm water to it and see if he eats
    You asked a question. And then answering it. So what is going on with you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You asked a question. and then answering it. So what is going on with you?
    And answered it wrong. :rolleyes:

If he/she thought they knew the answer I have to wonder what they're doing here in the first place.

I can say one thing. The attitude won't bode well for this poster. We volunteer here and we don't have to answer questions. If he/she has any more concerns about the puppy it may serve the OP well to apologize to the experts on this site that were only trying to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young Siberian husky [ 5 Answers ]

So my cousin bought a husky without realizing how much attention, exercise and food they need. He's had the pup for about 3 days and has already given up on it. He has asked me to take the dog since I am "best fit" to try and work with it, and since I've had big dogs... He chews (but what pup...

Siberian husky [ 3 Answers ]

What can cause facial hair loss in a 8 week old husky pup...

1yr Siberian Husky doesn't like his food [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old Siberian Husky puppy who has become extremely picky about his food (garbage on the street is obviously good enough for him, though). He's started eating a mere fraction of the food he used to eat. I understand that as they reach full size they decrease how much they eat, but...

Husky won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

We just got a dog Mon. from her previous owners, she got sick on the way here, had also just came in heat on that day, the next day she ate but got sick that night, since then she has been eating vey little. Is this normal? What can we do to get her to eat? She'a a Siberian Husky

Siberian Husky won't eat or drink but goes to the bathroom and sleeps everywhere [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my family just got a 10 week old Siberian Husky mix yesterday. When she first came into the house she drank a ton of water like she had never tasted it. She did not eat right away and I figured she just was filled with water. Since then she has been peeing and booing everywhere and has only...

View more questions Search