Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spatsy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 08:50 AM
    My dog is 11 years old and her back legs constantly colapse
    My dog, Spatsy, is 11 years old, she cannot hear very well, not that, that has anything to do with my question, but she will try to come up the stairs and her back legs will not work right. We don't know what is wrong with her. I really need some answers. She will be walking one minute and her legs will work fine, but the next minute, they will not work at all, is this at all realated to diabetes, or arthritis. Please help!!
    MistyGurl Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Dec 26, 2006, 09:02 AM
    You really should take her to the vet if you have not already she may have arthritis or it may be something even more serious then that, if it does though happen to be arthritis they have some good treats out there for that which I use for my dog who has arthritis and it seems to help her greatly, I have found them at cosco.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2006, 11:14 AM
    You didn't give her breed or size. Larger dogs age faster than small ones. With the dog already having diabetes, it is quite possible it has some other age related problems. Has your vet commented on its weight? Overweight dogs decline and die sooner. In addition to having the vet examine it, you should evaluate its weight and adjust its food and exercise if needed. See http://www.puppychow.com/products/po...condition.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Heat constantly on and off [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a mobile home with a Nordyne Intertherm furnace. The blower and burner comes on and goes off constantly. With the temp set below the actual room temp. I took the cover off the thermostat and the merc switch is still tilted to the off position when it comes one and off? Help Kurt

My dog can't used her back legs [ 2 Answers ]

We live in Hawaii. My dog is in an enclosed back yard and was perfectly fine. This past Sunday we noticed that she can't use her back legs at all. She can wag her tail but can't walk on her hind legs. It is just like she is paralyzed. She just drags herself around on her front legs. She seems...

Fan constantly blowing [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of years ago, I replaced our old mercury style thermostat with a digital one. It worked fine for a while. Maybe a year later, we noticed that the heat would kick on and off fine, however, the fan blows constantly (usually blowing unheated air). The only way to turn off the blowing is...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

Back-owed FICA for 3 years? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband came to the States in 1999, and got on employer-sponsored H1-B during 2002. FICA was never withheld by his company before or after his H1-B. We never worried about it because we thought it was because he was here less than 5 years and therefore a non-resident. He has just received...

View more questions Search