Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louella7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2010, 06:23 PM
    Safe medicines for dogs
    Hi I got one answer I need a few to vary my selection considering I don't have benadryl ty though Sarasis My dog has allegies and I need to know what human medications I can give him? He is 17 ibs and just turned 4. tyvm.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 8, 2010, 07:14 PM

Get a vet to prescribe for him. You may get lucky giving your dog human meds but the fillers that are safe for humans can be dangerous to canines.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2010, 07:24 PM

For allergies, benadryl is all you can give over the counter. The dog needs to go to the vet, then. It should anyway, regardless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Advantage safe for small dogs? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello- I am new to the forum and have a quick question. If anyone could provide any insight, I would appreciate it. We had a 3 year old Pomapoo join our family about a month and a half ago, and upon bringing him home discovered that he had a major flea problem. It was so bad that if you parted...

Safe medicines for dogs [ 4 Answers ]

My dog has allergies he just turned 4 and ways about 17 pounds he is a boston terrier I need to know if I can give him human allergy medications and what ones

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Human medicines safe and unsafe for dogs [ 2 Answers ]

I've read where people have given asprins to their pets and other meds, I thought I'd post this site, thought it may be helpful to some. http://www.diamondpaws.com/health/drugs.htm

Safe repellant against pooping dogs [ 2 Answers ]

:) undefinedI need a repellant formula to deter stray dogs from pooping on my lawn.

View more questions Search