Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmennie10 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
    My dog is suddenly peeing inside
    My two year old collie has suddenly put on lots of weight over the last 6weeks and suddenly refused to go into the garden.. he ended up cocking his leg and peeing inside he has been neuterd
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 03:26 PM

Has the vet checked him over to find out why he has gained weight so fast? There may be a tumor growing in his abdomen and it's pressing on his insides including his bladder.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 03:30 PM

Sudden weight gain can be a symptom of diabetes, so is excess urination and exsesive drinking.
    You shouodl take your dog to the vet!

Feb 11, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Has the vet checked him over to find out why he has gained weight so fast? There may be a tumor growing in his abdomen and it's pressing on his insides including his bladder.
    He's had a diabetes test done
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rmennie10 View Post
    hes had a diabetes test done
    Can the vet explain the fast weight gain?

Feb 11, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    sudden weight gain can be a symptom of diabetes, so is excess urination and exsesive drinking.
    You shouodl take your dog to the vet!
    He's had a diabetes test done a while ago should I get another

Feb 11, 2010, 03:52 PM
    Can the vet explain the fast weight gain?
    I just noticd weight gain when a went home last weekend am away with work so he's staying with a friend diabetes test done about 6/7mnths ago
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 04:02 PM
    i just noticd weight gain wen a went home last weekend am away with work so hes staying with a friend diabetes test done about 6/7mnths ago
    Please take him back to the vet. Something is wrong.

I'm in Illinois just south of you and can't imagine his life outdoors, even if it is a kennel. Is the kennel heated? I agree that he's bored in addition to having health problems.

Feb 11, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Please take him back to the vet. Something is wrong.

I'm in Illinois just south of you and can't imagine his life outdoors, even if it is a kennel. Is the kennel heated? I agree that he's bored in addition to having health problems.
    He lives inside,not in a kennel where is Illinois? He's not bored he has lots of toys etc
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 04:14 PM
    he lives inside,not in a kennel where is illinois? hes not bored he has lots of toys etc
    I apologize. I confused you with another questioner with a dog problem.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 04:22 PM

I would consider getting another test done. It could be something small like bladder/kidney infection to something more severe like diabetes. Is there anything else going on in your guys life? Do you think he could be stressed out from having to stay with friends, maybe he was getting over fed?
    It's always bes to err on the side of caution.
    I would take him to the vet to rule out anything medical.

Feb 11, 2010, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I would consider getting another test done. It could be something small like bladder/kidney infection to something more severe like diabetes. Is there anything else going on in your guys life? Do you think he could be stressed out from having to stay with friends, maybe he was getting over fed?
    It's always bes to err on the side of caution.
    I would take him to the vet to rule out anything medical.
    Yeah.. well he's not been eating what I usually give him.. hes been fine with my friends up until now.. he's always been an anxious worried dog..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my dog suddenly peeing and pooping in the house? [ 8 Answers ]

My dog Cheyenne is a Yorkshire Terrier she is the Silky Yorkie. She is about 2 years old and never used to have this problem with peeing and pooping in the house. I'm worried, I don't know why she stopped going outside. When I put her outside, she goes but then she goes MORE inside! Nothing changed...

Housebroken dog is peeing inside since a second dog came [ 3 Answers ]

Our 4 1/2 month old german short haired pointer/terrier mix Elmo, at 4 months, was basically housebroken; then another dog came into the house (we are dog watching for the next few weeks) and suddenly Elmo is peeing everywhere, in very deliberate spots, like on the couch when we are sitting with...

Potty trained puppy peeing/pooping inside suddenly [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old Wheaten terrier who has been doing extremely well with potty training. He was actually fully potty trained until this past week. When he needed to go, he'd sit by the door and cry... and if that didn't work, he'd come up to us, sit in front of our faces and cry. But within...

Dog suddenly peeing [ 1 Answers ]

So my dog Zeus has always been very well behave when it comes to doing his business. Now all of a sudden he just starts wetting things. He has wet my bed 2x this week and sometimes when my husband comes home he will get excited and wet the floor. How do we get him to stop this?

View more questions Search