Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 06:07 PM
    My shih tzu puppy eat a full chicken bone
    Hi please help my puppy eat a chicken bone a few hour ago she seems OK but I am so worried she is coufing a bit will she be OK over night please get bk asap if you can many thanks
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 06:52 PM

Was it cooked or raw?

Cooked = very, very bad but either way just keep a very close eye on her for now and get her to the vet if you notice and change at all in her behaviour.
    Check to make sure she poops at all or if she struggles and just tries to go.

I had one here who eat a cooked chicken wing and after 4 days of monitoring I knew we were OK and that it had just passed through him but we were very lucky. Cooked bones can easily shatter and splinter causing a lot of internal problems or blockages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Our Shih Tzu ate a small chicken wing/bone, but the vet [ 7 Answers ]

says he's fine. He vomitted tiny puddles yesterday, so I took him to our vet. The vet said x-rays were not needed. He performed a physical exam on Milo and said he seemed like a very Happy and Healthy dog. He suggested 10mg of Pepcid twice a day with a treat. We forgot to crate him last...

Puppy Shih Tzu being housetrained! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help! I have a 6 month old Shih Tzu and I am desperately trying to train her to pee outside! We take her out constantly, sometimes she will go, but majority of the time she wee's on our carpets! She's excellent during the night, we leave puppy pads down and she hardly ever goes on...

My puppy won`t eat [ 1 Answers ]

My puppy ate fine for the first 2 days when we got her but she`s not eaten for nearly 3 days now tried every thing I can think of dried food puppy meat frozen beef weetabix rice pudding toast scrambled egg even fed her by syringe. Having to give her water by syringe gave her 10ml weetabix but sick...

Shih Tzu ate a chicken bone [ 4 Answers ]

Last Wednesday, my 15 lb, 5 year old Shih Tzu grabbed and chewed a 2 inch chicken bone off the street. Everthing--- peeing, pooping, eating, activity level, mood-- has been normal since then. For the first three days, I gave him lots of fluids (put lots of water in his kibbles). But ever since last...

View more questions Search