Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theegirlnexdoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Weird bumps on my dog
    My dog was recently groomed, and I noticed before she has ticks. I have a tick puller and it was supposed to remove the heads but now where the ticks were there are small bumps and kind of scabby.
    Are these normal?
    I put antibiotic cream on them and I've washed them once.
    There are no rings around them so I don't think its infected..
    Anyone had experience with the same thing?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2009, 04:04 PM

Do you know where she is picking the ticks up from?
    Is it in your backyard or somewhere you go for walks?

Obviously the best coarse of action is to try to avoid the areas where she can get ticks instead of simply removing them, they would be very uncomfortable for her.

Even if the head was removed it would still be sore for a while and will get a scab like you said.

If you notice it getting larger or excreting a foul smelling or off colored liquid then it's time to go to the vet for antibiotics and removal of any left over tick.

Watch out for any odd behaviour as well to indicate an infection (excessive drinking, lethargy, drooling etc)
    theegirlnexdoor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Thank you! I'll keep an eye out.
    Yea I think we have clean everything in our house too!
    The front yard is where she would get them but she's rarely going outside unless to the use the restroom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird bumps? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok it all started like 2 or 3 weeks ago and I had like a couple red bumps on my forearm, they didn't itch or anything because I thought it was some misqutoe bites that were fading and now the bumps have spreas all over my inner forearm on both arms and there are a little on both of my uppers arms...

Bumps in uhh. Weird places. [ 5 Answers ]

So ummm I get acne or boils or something (I typically just refer to them as "my bumps" cause I don't really know what they are) near my privates and on my thighs... they take like 6-9 months to go away sometimes. And the problem is a lot of the time when I squeeze the pus out of them they bruise or...

Weird bumps/tough skin on vaginal entrance [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm sure I'm overreacting but I'm very freaked out. I haven't had sexual intercourse in over three months but I masturbate using a dildo. I recently got a new dildo which is about 1.5 inches thick and I'm a very VERY small person. When using it the skin around my vagina had to stretch...

Weird Bumps On my tongue and throat [ 1 Answers ]

I have these red whitehish bumps On my throat and on my tongue.They look like big pimples in a way. They hurt and its getting hard to swallow without any pain. My doctor took a test and said it wasen't strept throat and it will heal on it's own but it been more than a few days and its still there!!...

View more questions Search