Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

Oct 10, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Neighbours child vandalising my garden
    Would it be credible to sue my neighbours for the cost of securing my garden against their eleven year old son who comes in, throws stones at my boyfriends car, kicks things over and generally causes nuisance and damage? The neighbours are unwilling to stop him doing this.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 06:04 AM

Basically you can't sue to protect your garden from this little monster. You can only sue for the damages he caused.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Hi, sajjw!

Why are the neighbours unwilling to stop him from doing the things that he does?

Also, what sort of conversations have already taken place between you and your neighbours, please?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 05:33 PM

And do you call the police when he does this, perhaps video tape him ?
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

Oct 11, 2009, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, sajjw!

Why are the neighbours unwilling to stop him from doing the things that he does?

Also, what sort of conversations have already taken place between you and your neighbours, please?

Thanks!

I don't know why the neighbours will not stop him, on one occasion the mother was watching him throw stones at may partners car!

I have tried to talk to her but she says that it is my partners fault for telling him off over an incident when he was bullying my partners daughters friend.

I have phoned the police who said they would visit and take details but they haven't bothered.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Set up a camera to get video evidence. Also, write down all the incidents, with times and dates, and record on tape all damage. You should get the police involved. No matter what happened between the boyfriend and the little BRAT, he should not go unpunished when he vandalizes property.

Contact a lawyer for further advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with Neighbours [ 5 Answers ]

I have a problem with my Neighbors above me. They continue to run and bang what would be my ceiling. Lately its been so bad to the point where my pictures on the walls are falling off and breaking one being a really old family pic that is not replaceable. What can be done about this?

Nuisance Neighbours [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get helpful Free Legal Advice about my nuisance neighbours, they continually make noises in the middle of the night and at different time of the day, I am finding it impossible to sleep without being woken up, the noise sounds like they are drilling for oil. I am a Pensioner and this is...

Neighbours living below me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, It states in my lease agreement that if neighbours below me complain of noise I have to lay down a carpet. I have lived here for 5 years and have never had a complaint but new neighbours have recently moved in donwstairs and have requested I lay one down. If I do not comply what are the...

Help me get my neighbours out before I lose it [ 7 Answers ]

My neighbour keeps phoning the police on me for noice when she's the one making all of it banging slamming till 3 4 in the morning dog barking all night her partner punched my partner as he was being nice and telling him not to get in the car drunk as he will kill himself we have a sofa if your...

Nuisance Neighbours [ 9 Answers ]

When I first moved here in May 2002 I was approached by my neighbour. Rather than welcome me into the neighbourhood she started laying down the law to me about the grass area at the front of the house. I found that to be quite unwelcoming then, as I was still moving in and was not quite settled...

View more questions Search