Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cass030406 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 05:59 PM
    16 and pregnant. Want out of dad's house help pleaseeeee :'(
    I am 16 and me and my 18 year old boyfriend are now pregnant . I told my dad and he is very pissed off at me. I want to get out of my dad's house , is that possible? And can my dad send my boyfriend to jail? Some people say yes but other people say no. The cop I talked to said no cause the age of sexual content is 16 but my dad said he talked to another cop that said it doesn't matter and he can go to jail. All I know is I need my boyfriend with me by my side cause I know he is going to stick with me and not leave me . But my dad doesn't understand anything and I really want to get out of his house? Is it possible to get emancipated at my age and being pregnant if I have somewhere to go? PLEASE HELP ME AND ANSWER ME :( :( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :( :(
    frail Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 07:01 PM
    I think it all depends on what state you live in. The age of your boyfriend could be a legal issue. I think you can be emancipated with your parents consent. But I`m not positive about this. Good luck!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 31, 2006, 03:49 PM
    This question would be better asked in the law area of this site...
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 31, 2006, 05:33 PM
    I would start giving it some time and plenty of thought before you think about leaving, ESPECIALLY if your dad will allow you, the baby AND your boyfriend to live there until you are on your feet with parenting, as well as financially. Doctor checkups get frequent and expensive without insurance or the right kind, and so does raising a baby.

I can't solve your dad's anger hun, you are just at the very beginning of coming out of the pigtails stage in his eyes and you are now pregnant. He may be angry now, but there could be A lot of worry on his mind just as there is on you and your significant other.

'Dad' is going to be dad, and there could be some issues in the future, but don't ever think that he will come to abandon you. I don't know how he is as a person, so I am just going on the notion that he does treat you as a parent should (with love, kindness and of course guidance).

Sit down and have a talk with him about everything and anything you can think of: Your pregnancy, living arrangements, school, your boyfriend, doctors to see and talk to, things you will need for your baby who now will forever come first in your life.

Just stay where you are unless he really means for you to live somewhere else, and be safe and take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can you tell pregnant while breastfeeding? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old baby.I am breastfeeding, and no menst. Period yet. Last week had one day light, pinkish spotting. My boyfriend and I had sex the night before. Had negative. Pregnancy test, but am wondering if it is possible it was implantation spotting or just irritation from...

Who pays deceased dad's bills [ 3 Answers ]

I have been taking care of someone for sometime now because of health reasons. I have a written and notarized agreement between myself and this party. If he should pass on, would his heirs be liable to pay me or would I have to go to court. If so, please advise how to proceed. IL resident

Stepmother and Biological Dad's Will [ 3 Answers ]

My dad died recently and I know he had a will. I have heard that my step mother is not going to probate his will. And if she doesn't, I have no way of knowing what was in the will and if my name along with my two brother's names are mentioned and if dad left anything to us at all. My question...

Pregnant advice, I need some [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question about how you feel when pregnant with one child vs. pregnant with two. I'm feeling very big and very crampy not bad cramps but like the growing cramps of pregnant. I just feel like this is very early on two be feeling all this. I was wondering if it feels different being pregnant...

View more questions Search