Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mozeretny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Dosage of benadryl for dogs
    Apparent bee sting, how much benadryl do I give him?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Sep 13, 2009, 08:46 AM

Size?
    Wieght?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2009, 10:23 AM

1mg for each pound the dog weighs.

They come in 25 mg tablets so you will more than probably have to cut the tablets accordingly.

If you notice the wound getting worse or the dog having any breathing difficulties or any other odd behavior get it to the vet immediately.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 04:16 PM

I wouldn't give the dog any pill. If it is a honeybee sting, get the stinger out of the area and then treat with a paste of moistened baking soda on the area. If the dog does not respond, take to vet.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Sep 14, 2009, 04:25 PM

I would not give your dog anything without at least calling your vet first. Just like a person a dog can have adverse effects to medications and your vet will know your dogs medical history, whether it is safe for your dog, and what dosage is appropriate if it is safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the affects of benadryl? [ 9 Answers ]

What are the negative effects of taking benadryl if there are any. I have trouble getting to sleep at night so I take benadryl almost every night to help. I used to just take one, then I started to need two, and now I either take 2 or 3. The recommended is two (50 mg each). How many is considered a...

Dogs, benadryl [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Bichon that has been chewing on her right front paw to the point that all the hair has been removed. Due to our current financial situation a visit to the vet is not possible right now. We had taken her to the vet previously and she was treated for allergies. I know you can give dogs...

Benadryl while breastfeeding [ 3 Answers ]

I am breastfeeding and was wondering if I can take benadryl. If not then what can I take for allergies?

Can I use Benadryl itch stopping gel on a rash in my dogs groin area [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use Benadryl itch stopping gel on a rash in my dogs groin area

Is Benadryl OK to give to dogs? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends mom gives our dog and her dog Benadryl 2x a day and 2 pills eachtime... for a total of 4 pills a DAY!! Is that healthy? Will it cause our dogs to get sick? I'm very worried about our dogs!

View more questions Search