Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benjola Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Beagles and parks
    How old does a beagle have to be before it can go to a park?
    :confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 06:22 PM

It's best to wait until he/she has all his/her shots.

Also, you probably already know this, but don't ever let your beagle off leash, you'll never see him again.

I have a beagle too.

They are hunting dogs. Their noses are very powerful. It's not that they don't want to listen, but their instinct to follow a scent blocks out everything else.

No matter how well trained your beagle is, when he's outside, leash.

Trust me. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offenders in parks [ 2 Answers ]

My ex is a sex affender and he wants to take the kids to a park who is doing a halloween thing for the kids. So who do I call when he does this anyway? The man thinks he should do what ever he wants just because he is off probation. Its really hard trying to talk to him, I have no respect for him....

Tornado shelter in mobile home parks in KY [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that in KY all mobile home parks must provide a tornado shelter for the residents. Does any one know if this is true or who I need to contact about this. Where I live we do not have one and my children and I have to drive over 8 miles just to get to families house to be safe, but that...

Do beagles smell? [ 12 Answers ]

I have recently decided to get a beagle puppy... there is just so much negative things I heard about them... Is is true that there is a certain smell on a beagle even is you are planning on housetraining it and not letting it go outside only to do his business? I also heard that they can be...

Beagles and Apartments [ 2 Answers ]

I am a college student and my roommates and I want to get a dog. We are considering a beagle. The concern I have is that we will only be able to go back to our apartment every 3 or 4 hours to take it out and play with it. Will this be enough time? I know that beagles hate being alone, I...

Whole New Dog At Parks [ 4 Answers ]

My 11 month old pomeranian cross has some problems with other people and other dogs, she hates places like parks but I take her to try get her used to it. The other day I took her to a closed off space and let her off the leash after running around a bit she crawled under a tiny gap under a...

View more questions Search